Sketchbooks of Toulouse, St.Guilhem-le-Désert, Cathars' castles etc etc

Hey there )) shame on me! But now I'll show some sketchbooks again! 
I traveled around and I drew sometimes directly sur place. So I'd love to share something with you. 
France, Some pages of my voyage
For a while it's just some scattered pages from scattered sketchbooks. But please  NOTE that I'll make the particular posts dedicated to all these places
 in details! I promise.
Toulouse
Toulouse, Watercolor Sketchbook

Toulouse, Watercolor Sketchbook

Toulouse. Watercolor Sketchbook
                                                     Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert
I'll show more, and in the meanwhile you can see some pictures of Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert in my little travel blog
Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert, Watercolor Sketchbook   
Cathars temples
These are 2 cathars temples, ones of the "Five Sons of Carcassonne" along with Aguilar, Termes and Puilaurens: Queribus and Peyrepertuse. They are regarded as the last Cathar strongholds.

                  Château de Queribus - built in ~1230 
High and isolated, it stands on top of the highest peak for miles around
Cathars-Queribus, Watercolor Sketchbook
Château de Peyrepertuse (1240)
a ruined fortress and one of the Cathar castles located high in the Pyrénées in the commune of Duilhac-sous-Peyrepertuse, in the Aude département

Cathars, Peyrepertuse, Watercolor Sketchbook                                                       
                                                             Bélesta
                  A small town between these castles where we stayed for the night 
France, Belesta
Belesta, France, Watercolor Sketchbook
Belesta, France, Watercolor Sketchbook
                                                           And - Cadaquès, Spain
                                      Take a look on this little sea town on my travel blog

CONVERSATION

5 comm:

  1. Wow! These are so intricate and delicate and pretty! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful. It looks like you travelled to some gorgeous places. Happy SS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. South-France is really a gorgeous land, that's truth, as Catalonia as well. Thank you, Kim

      Delete
  3. Your paintings are so lovely, your trees truly sing to me!

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top