My recent week

Salut! So this week: 
1) I noticed two beautiful things one day - a girl adoring rain (while I've been hiding under my umbrella) and italian priest in a catedral on Nevsky. I tried to imprint them in my diary. I shouldn't!! The girl became too long-limbed and the priest faceless/haughty. Ouuh((
Under-Rain-Drawing

2) I bought a book at second-hand bookseller and made 2 pencil lessons 
- a hand and an old wood house
Hand-Drawing

Old-House-Drawing
3) and finally apples. I never could get an apple in watercolor -- it always appears to be too flat -- and in general unprepossessing. So I painted these ones very fast - to avoid thinking and fears. Hope they reflect it a little

Apple-watercolor
Apple-watercolor I'll try to get back other week again!

CONVERSATION

18 comm:

  1. Hello Erica:) Nice sketches! But the last apple and the ones above are beautiful and no flat at all!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you SO so much, Renate! -- it sounds encouraging

    ReplyDelete
  3. These apples definitely work. Very round and I love the last one - like it splatted on the page. Fab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you had a very productive week! i love the rainy day girl... you definitely captured her freedom and exuberance. and apples look so red and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, I love peeks into sketchbooks. Your watercolors are all lovely and I have become a follower! I don't think the apples look flat at all, in fact they looks so good I am hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous drawings! love hand studies too, yours look nice! the apples look nice and 3D to me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i think the apples definitely work. very nice with the layers and light!
    cool that you painted the girl and the rain....makes me want to stand in the rain with out my umbrella!
    enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of this!!! your drawing of the hand is amazing - I need that lesson page from your book! The solo apple with the splash background is beautiful. I think some priest are faceless so your sketch is deep in thought - I like both pages.
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you, Girls! you've really comforted me.
    love your comments

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really love the second apple it is definitely round, also I love your colours

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing your wonderful paintings. Wow. You're very, very good. Love the top one and the dress with purple wellies. :) Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sharon, Alexandra! - thank you so so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI! i'VE BEEN THROUGH A LITTLE PART OF YOUR BLOG. MOST REFRESHING WORK! BRAVO...and keep going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI ERica, Have you heard of the One Lovely Blog Award? It's an award passed between bloggers and I received it the other day. It was a nice little pick me up, and now I've given it to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I saw it on your blog -- Nice idea in fact! Maybe I'll take it up too }}

      Delete
  15. I love those apples... I scrolled back up to look at them twice... great colour and form... love them so much...xx

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top