Portugal travel Sketches

Hi there! Here are some pages of my Portugal Travel Watercolor sketchbook
portugal-watercolor-sketchbook

So our travel took place in my travel sketchbook as well. In order not to miss the feelings of a place and get it inside fully you have to sketch it right away.
  So when we arrived in Porto, I sketched it right in the airport:
Portol-travel-Sketchbook-airport

Morning coffee and the market


Wine, resto, Torre dos Clerigos

Portugal-travel-Sketchbook

Postcards on the Duro Embankment, old shoemaker sells the boots
Portugal, Porto sketchbook

The locals and Sé Cathedral.
And, before leaving, I drew our hotel room.
Portugal-travel-sketchbook-porto-Cathedral 
Aveiro



LISBON
with its tramway
Lisbon-tramway-watercolor
  Ice cream on our street in Alfama
  Poet Antonio Feliciano da Castilho


...and Poet Fernando Pessoa, that I love a lot
Fernando-Pessoa-lisbon-sketchbook

and so beautiful Sao Domengo church that was almost totally burnt in 1959 and still isn't recovered which is so captivating to see
Sao Domengo church

But we had to go to Coimbra 

Coimbra, the 1st University of Portugal and its first capital.
Here is Coimbra Sé Cathedrale
Coimbra-Cathedral-sketch

Cloister of the Sè Cathedral
Coimbra-Cathedral-sketch Streets of the local students
Coimbra streets sketch

We lived there, in the yellow little house up there:

(and I'll add some more one day)

Ciao ciao_)

CONVERSATION

11 comm:

  1. What a beautiful diary of your trip. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your travels with me. Your sketches are beautiful and gave me a chance to see a place I would love to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I haven't been to Portugal and really want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pages are totally gorgeous! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I am in awe! Every single painting is amazing - I especially love the tram!! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful work, Erica. I really love your style. And I love your new blog header. It's perfect!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alexandra! I'm in your COOL project again!

      Delete
  7. Such a flow of love and color. Each piece is so perfect.. I too love your style and your header is so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful. Your tiny paintings are enchanting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wanda and Beth, thank you a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top