Paris in my sketchbook

Paris-Carnet-de-Voyage
In fact not just Paris. I've been around, you know. Paris, Bordeaux, Bassin D'Arcachon (Gujan Mestras, La Teste de Buch, Dune du Pyla and around) and ALSO Pays Basque: San Sebastián (Donostia) and Hondarribia


France-Voyage-watercolor-map
I'll pick all these memories one day. But for a while some Paris ones.
I came there in my birthday, from Prague. 
I look people in the airport when we're all coming to Paris:

It was cold and windy.  And just amazing to meet there with Maurizio, to celebrate my birthday and endlessly walk around.
So some Paris places that I managed to put in my sketchbook! 
My favorite bookshop Shakespeare and Company
Paris-Shakespeare-and-company

Paris-Shakespeare-and-company-watercolor
 It's from there, from Sh&C°window I see Notre Dame and then watercolor it

Notre-Dame-Watercolor
 On the Pont des Arts and in the park of Henry IV - 'Vert Galant'
  It was a little spontaneous show with men chorus -- Take a look how they sing:
 (click to open video)
And here I'd rather said "Don't take a look on my drawing of all this".... but well, it just was too fast!
NB.It's not a Centaurus. It's a silhouette of Henry statue

To be continued!

CONVERSATION

11 comm:

  1. Beautiful sketches, so lively! Love your watercoloring! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how pretty!!!! love your Paris pieces!!! wonderful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..what a super beautiful adventure of sketches to enjoy..they are all so fabulous and full of life....your artwork is spectacular...so gorgeous!
    Happy Sunday Sketches
    Victora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! What a marvelous way to keep a record of your travels and preserve those precious moments you spent in Paris. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great on the spot sketching

    ReplyDelete
  6. they're lovely. I like the last one, the best. I like the looseness of the paint.

    hope you have a sweet day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful sketches and so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your travel paintings! I especially love the trees and scenery in the last two :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merci merci beaucoup à tous

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Erica:) Lovely sketches. They tell more then pictures do! Well done:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renate -- Yes, when I make a sketch it always lots of feelings and memories there!
      Thank you!

      Delete

Back
to top